Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'm still there

So I'm still only about half way through 'intelligence reconnaissance' trying to gather as much ammo as I can for my next meeting with ECI this Thursday. So far I've found one little tiny sentence that might help me. I found it in section "Early Intervention Services, Part C". It states

"Specific early intervention services include:
...
13. assistive technology devices and assistive technology services; and,"
...

So I might can use this as grounds that they need to provide some "assistive technology" in the form of a BAHA soft band. But I will have to pull a 180 about it being an implant because the Board of Directors excludes implants! Well, for this instance, we should certainly be able to consider a BAHA soft band as NOT an implant. We'll see how much resistance I come up against.

In the mean time I got some excellent advice/news. Sometimes it's possible to find someone, somewhere that might loan us a BAHA soft band until we can buy one. So I've been calling every Childrens Hospital in Texas (Dallas and Houston) but they haven't called me back yet. Hopefully I'll find some more ammo in the IDEA documents soon and the hospitals will call me back with some good news. That's where I'll be tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment